Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July


neither joel nor i are particularly patriotic, and so i thought i would have a little fun dressing up truman as a little patriot. we surprised joel and got a good kick out of it. of course, truman had to wear his gear a little longer, until we met up with joel's family for breakfast in millcreek canyon, so they could experience the cuteness.


we had a great morning in the canyon with joel nearly getting in a fight with the idiot in the campsite next to us (i'll spare you the details, but it was entertaining!). next, we went up to east canyon reservoir with joel's sister anne and spent a few hours enjoying the sun and cool water. truman was a champ and had the best time. he really loves being outside and was just happy to be along for the ride.

6 comments:

Abbey Hadley said...

Hi Emily, what cute pictures of Truman! I need to get Max one of those little floaters for his first swim. You have a really cute blog. It was good to talk to you last night, and I will get a move on the GNO asap. I am craving the Mandarin, and I am sure you are going to love it.

Ryan and Mandi said...

Great blog! Love all the pictures! They are so cute!

Nichole Bowler said...

Emily, this is Nichole! I was so excited to stumble across your blog when I was looking at Jayna's. I have been thinking about you for years and didn't know where you were! Your baby is adorable and you are so beautiful. You look very happy!

Nava_jo said...

Isn't dressing your children up in photo's that will embarrass them in there teens, just part of being a responsible parent?

I thought so. Thats why I'm having a kid. Just to dress them up ANYWAY I want. :)

Katie said...

Love the patriotic look for Truman. I'll have to hear the story about Joel getting into a fight with someone. I'm sure I'll be entertained.

Tara said...

He is too cute! How old is he?