Monday, June 30, 2008

29

this was my birthday cake. yes, i know, it looks a little sad. okay, very sad. i'm sure joel would like to say it is all truman's fault, but no. this one is all him! the story starts on my birthday last year. i told him i wanted an ice cream cake, because they're my favorite. i told him i wanted pralines & cream ice cream with white cake. simple. well, he forgot what kind i wanted and got the wrong kind. we had a few pieces, but mostly it took up room in the freezer until it was finally thrown away.

so this year, he was determined to get it right. he asked if i wanted an ice cream cake again, and of course i did. he wanted to know what kind and i even observed while he ordered it to get it right. the cake was from cold stone creamery and called "a cheesecake named desire." sounds delicious, right? he picked up the cake the night before me birthday and thought we were home free. the next morning, i woke up early to feed truman and then suddenly thought, where did joel put the cake? i ran and opened the freezer: no cake! i then opened the fridge door and saw my beautiful cake, melted. i screamed, joel came running and saw the disaster. i was the saddest girl ever as i recalled that this was yet another birthday cake ruined.

ok, so in all honesty, i still wanted to try this most tempting concoction, especially after joel worked so hard to get the right cake, so after church he put some candles in it, i made a wish, and we each ate a piece. it was delicious and i managed to finish off the rest of the cake (with a little help!) within the next few days! love you, honey!

the original version:oh, and i forgot, the best birthday news: i got an iphone! i've been wanting one since they came out a year ago, and joel completely surprised me! it was the best gift ever!






5 comments:

lisa said...

Even the melted one looks delicious to me!

Katie said...

That is the cake Chad got me for my birthday. It must be the turning 29 thing. We had friends over and one doesn't like chocolate so I told him to get something that didn't have chocolate and that's what he brought home. IT WAS DELICIOUS! I want it every year.

Happy Birthday!

becky said...

Cutest baby ever! He's adorable.

And I love the birthday cake saga -- sounds like a familiar scenario around our house. :)

Stevens said...

Hey guys! I happened upon your site from the Hadleys!! I LOVE this story! Especially the fact that Joel tried so hard to get it right. I'm right there with him so much of the time. Hopefully this year won't be doomed because of it - seems pretty good so far.
Jennie

Nakki said...

So I'm a little late on reading the post, but found if VERY hilarious. Ice creme cakes in the fridge...priceless :) Oh, and happy belated! I'm right behind you...29 here I come ):